Tropical tequila drinks include this Melon Mambo cocktail. All photography courtesy SKYY Spirits.
Last Updated July 2010
Page 3: Fruity Tequila Cocktail Recipes
This is Page 3 of a five-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
Fruity Tequila Drinks
Tequila, a product of Mexico, lends itself well to the flavors found in Mexican cooking. Here, it's mixed with lime and melon. These recipes, and the spicy tequila recipes on the next page, were developed by Cabo Wabo, an ultra premium tequila created by tequila aficionado Sammy Hagar, of rock band Van Halen fame.
From left: Cabo Wabo Blanco, Reposado, Añejo and Uno (extra añejo). See an explanation of the different types of tequila on the previous page.
Cocktail Recipes Index
Cabo Lima Tequila Cocktail
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1 ounce frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 ounces water
- 3 ounces Mexican beer
- Lime wheel or wedge for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together, going
heavy on the ice.
- Serve in a highball glass.
- Stir and garnish with lime.
Melon Mambo Tequila Cocktail
- 1 ounce melon liqueur (such as
- 1-1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1-1/2 ounces coconut cream
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour over ice in a rocks glass. (Optional: first rim the glass with toasted coconut.)
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and garnish with a lime wheel.
Continue To Page 4: Spicy Tequila Cocktail Recipes
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipes courtesy SKYY Spirits. All other materials © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.