Special cocktails are required for Halloween. We’ve scared up a few.
Halloween Cocktail Recipes
Gin-Based Drinks For Special Haunts
Whether you’re a Halloween party or just having a few friends over, here’s a bewitching cocktail menu. The recipes are courtesy of Martin Miller’s Gin. Masks optional.
Bloody Scream Cocktail
Also known as a Red Snapper, this is a variation of a Bloody Mary made with gin. But on Halloween night, it’s a Bloody Scream!
- 2 ounces gin
- 2/3 cup top-quality tomato juice
- Juice of half a lemon
- 5 dashes of Worcestershire
- 5 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- Healthy splash of red wine
- Black pepper and celery salt to
- Build in a cocktail shaker, stir
and pour into a an ice-filled
- Garnish with a celery stalk
During the rest of the year, this cocktail is known as a White Lady.
- 1 shot gin
- 1 shot Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- Dash egg white
- Shake the ingredients with ice
strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with lemon peel
Satan’s Whiskers Cocktail
This cocktail actually is called Satan’s Whiskers!
- 1½ shots gin
- 1 shot sweet vermouth
- 1 shot fresh orange juice
- 1 bar spoon of Cointreau or
- Dash of orange bitters
- Shake ingredients with ice and
into a martini glass
- Garnish with an orange twist
- If you have lychees, drop one on
the bottom of the glass (Satan’s
This is a gimlet to which lime marmalade is added, giving it a “swampy” effect.
- 2 shots gin
- ½ shot fresh lime juice
- ½ shot simple syrup
- 1 bar spoon lime marmalade
- Shake all of the ingredients
vigorously with ice, until ice cold;
and strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with lime zest
This is a mulled toddy—but who’s to say what those crones were really bubbling up in those cauldrons? Perhaps “eye of newt” was code for allspice.
- 1 ounce gin
- 3 ounces Merlot
- 1 ounce LBV* Port
- 1 bar spoon sugar
- Heat ingredients gently over
flame; do not boil
- Serve in glass mug
- Garnish with lemon and orange
slices and a cinnamon stick
*Late Bottled Vintage Port. Click to read
more about it.
Recipes and photos courtesy of Martin Miller’s Gin. Additional material © Copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.