Show your American pride on the Fourth with these red white and blue strawberries. Photo courtesy Dove Chocolate Discoveries.
Recipe: Make White Chocolate Covered Strawberries For Independence Day
These Dipped Strawberries Are Red, White & Blue
Impress your guests on July 4th with culinary fireworks, in the form of these white chocolate-covered strawberries. This recipe is courtesy of Dove Chocolate Discoveries.
Note that chocolate-covered strawberries are best enjoyed the day they are made. Too busy to make these yourself? Get chocolate covered strawberries delivered right to your doorstep!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white chocolate*
- Blue-colored sugar
- Parchment paper
- Chocolate tempering machine or substitute*
- Wash and completely dry strawberries.
- For optimum results, temper chocolate in a chocolate tempering machine. If you don’t own one, simply melt the chocolate in a microwave oven or double boiler.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip about half of it in chocolate. Give it a quick twist, shake off excess and point it at the ceiling for a second to be sure the chocolate adheres.
- Before chocolate dries, dip tip of strawberry into blue-colored sugar (available in the cake-decorating aisle of grocery store, or online). Place on parchment paper to set up and cool. If set up seems slow, place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 minutes.
*Dove Chocolate Discoveries
Dove Chocolate Discoveries, a division of Mars Snackfood US, is a national, premium chocolate direct-selling business available in the 48 contiguous states, offering exclusive chocolate products, recipes and related items. We think that Dove’s Chef Series white chocolate bars are excellent white chocolate. To find your local Chocolatier, call 1.866.922.3683 or visit www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com.
Recipe © Dove Chocolate Discoveries. All rights reserved. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.