These glamorous carrots brighten any plate.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Carrots With Character
A Side Dish With Cherries, Nutmeg & Ginger
These carrots not only have character—they have glamour. Maple syrup, nutmeg and ginger may sound like the holidays, but don’t save these for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced*
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
*A 1-pound package of whole baby carrots can be substituted for the sliced carrots.
- Cook carrots in water in a covered saucepan 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Add dried cherries, maple syrup, butter, nutmeg and ginger to cooked carrots in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until mixture is hot and bubbly.
Makes 6 (1/2 cup) portions.
Recipe and photo © Cherry Marketing Institute. All other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.