|A delectable Christmas Pudding will please even Scrooge. Photo by Gerry Lerner.
Christmas Pudding Recipe
Page 3: Cinnamon Cream Sauce Recipe
This is Page 3 of a three-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages. Page 1 has the history of the Christmas pudding/plum pudding/figgy pudding.
Cinnamon Sauce Recipe
Chef Jeffrey Baruch tops his Christmas pudding with a cinnamon-scented cream sauce and a sauce of sweetened, puréed raspberries (purée a pint of fresh or frozen raspberries with 1 teaspoon of sugar or more to taste, as needed).
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place heavy cream into medium sized saucepan.
- Dissolve sugar and cinnamon into heavy cream over low heat. Continue to cook over low flame, stirring occasionally, until cream mixture is reduced by half and takes on a sauce-like consistency.
- Pour over top of pudding or directly onto plate, as shown above.
- You can drizzle the raspberry puree atop the pudding slice, or decorate as shown in the photo. Place dots of puree atop the cinnamon sauce and use the tip of a sharp knife to cut through the purée and create a “tail.”
If you plan to flambée the pudding (see the instructions on page 2), you can bring out the flaming pudding, then cut, plate and sauce it at the table, or return it to the kitchen for plating.