Top your burger with a coulis of diced mango, red pepper and parsley. Photo by Tanya F | IST.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Meat & Poultry
Spicy Peanut Butter Burger Recipe
Something Different In Hamburger Meat Recipes...
Or Turkey Burger Or Veggie Burger
This recipe is courtesy of PB & Co., manufacturer of traditional and flavored all-natural peanut butter. For this recipe, they used “The Heat Is On,” their spicy PB, flavored with crushed red peppers, chili powder and a hint of vinegar. If PB and burgers sounds strange to you, think of two classic dishes: chicken satay, with spicy peanut sauce (made with peanut butter); and a peanut butter and bacon sandwich. Here, the PB adds richness and spice.
Creative minds will pair spicy PB with mango chutney for a fiery PB&J. You can find The Heat Is On at specialty food stores or order it online at ILovePeanutButter.com. Or, in a pinch, add crushed red pepper and chili powder or cayenne from your spice rack to plain peanut butter, to taste. If you make your own veggie burgers, you can mix spicy PB into the blend, or use it as a condiment on top.
Peanut butter is a vegetarian, cholesterol free source of protein that helps improve one’s HDL:LDL ratios. A serving of PB has as much fiber as 1/2 cup of broccoli, and it contributes essential vitamins and minerals such as folic acid, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus and vitamin E. Feel good about it!
Makes about 8 burgers.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup The Heat is On peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for the pan
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, peanut butter, butter, onion, egg and bread crumbs and knead with your hands until well combined.
- Make patties about 4 inches wide and ¾ inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to allow the patties to set and the flavors to meld.
- Grill the burger on an outdoor grill for best results, or fry in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked inside.
© copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Photos are copyright of their respective owners.