Dynamic flavors and lots of nutrition: sardines, cress and almonds.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Sardine, Cress & Almond Salad
Put New Flavor Sensations Into Your Evening Salad
This salad recipe perfectly marries the flavors of sardines and soy sauce: ultra-umami! It is simple to prepare and will make a great addition to your salad repertoire. You’ll see why salads don’t have to be dull.
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- 2 ounces/1 bunch cress
- 1 tin of sardines in oil (buy top quality)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons top-quality soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toast the almond slices until they change color, either under the broiler or in a pan, and set aside to cool.
- Drain the oil from the sardines and cut the cress into bite-size pieces.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, salt, pepper and oil.
- Arrange the cress on a plate and place the sardines on top.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the almonds and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
|You can vary the greens with arugula or baby lettuces.
Recipe and photo © UMAMI Information Center. All rights reserved. All other material © copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.