Take peanut butter, an iconic candy bar and voilà: a rich, gooey pie!
Last Updated February 2010
Snickers Icebox Pie Recipe
A Favorite Candy In A No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
A Snickers Pie is a cream pie made of cream cheese, peanut butter and chopped Snickers bars on a chocolate crumb crust. The top is typically decorated with chopped Snickers Bars and sometimes, caramel and /or chocolate drizzles.
There are many variations of the recipe; a Snickers ice cream pie can be made with vanilla or peanut butter ice cream, along with the chopped Snickers bars. While this recipe from New York City’s famed Magnolia Bakery doesn’t include them, some bakers like to mix chopped roasted peanuts into the filling as well. If you want a pronounced peanut taste, try that as well. Salted peanuts create a sweet-and-salty connection, honey-roasted peanuts will make the pie sweeter.
See our Pie & Pastry Glossary for a bakery full of pie and pastry types.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- One 8-ounce package cream
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter, at room temperature (do not use natural or old-fashioned style peanut butter)
- 1¼ cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about four 2.07-ounce bars)
Roasted peanuts, caramel, nougat and milk
chocolate (a dark chocolate version is available,
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (peanut butter fanatics can mix semisweet chips and peanut butter chips, chocolate connoisseurs can use a finer quality of chocolate)
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts (optional, see Step
Makes one 9-inch pie.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the butter and chocolate wafer crumbs. Press firmly into a buttered 9-inch pie dish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, on the low speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar, and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. With a wooden spoon, stir the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until no lumps of cream cheese remain. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Carefully spread the peanut butter in a thin layer over the bottom and half way up the sides of the crust. Sprinkle ¾ cup of the Snickers candy on top.
- Remove the cream cheese filling from the refrigerator and spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate.
- Melt chips or other chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat gently, stirring constantly. Spread over top of pie.
- Garnish the rim of the pie with the remaining ½ cup of Snickers candy or with salted peanuts (or a mix of both).
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill 3 hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator to set. Keep pie refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe© Magnolia Bakery with additions by THE NIBBLE. All rights reserved. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are the copyright of their respective owners.