Not interested in the traditional beef hamburger? Try a Zesty Lemon Tuna Patty instead. Photos courtesy Starkist.
Tuna Burger Recipes
Fast, Easy Fish Cakes
Summer is rapidly approaching, and that means one thing—barbeque season! But for all you pescatarians and dieters out there, burgers and hot dogs may not be your cup of tea. Instead, you can make a tuna burger. Tuna is high in protein amd vitamin D, and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Here, we present two tuna burger recipes, courtesy of Starkist, that take less than 10 minutes to prepare.
On The Menu
Bold Tuna Patty
Recipe yields four patties.
- 2 (4.5-ounce) pouches StarKist Herb & Garlic Tuna Creations
- 1 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup non-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, cheese, salad dressing, green onion and egg in medium bowl; mix well.
- Form into four patties; coat each side with remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Zesty Lemon Tuna Patty
Recipe yields four mini-patties (two servings).
- 1 pouch (4.5-ounce) StarKist Zesty Lemon Pepper Tuna Creations
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red and green bell pepper mix, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix tuna with 4 remaining ingredients. Shape mixture into 4 equal size patties.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and brown tuna cakes in hot oil, 3-4 minutes per side or until hot and golden brown.
Recipes courtesy Starkist. All other material