Lamb Loin Chops: throw ’em on the barbie for a fast, delicious meal. Photography courtesy of Meat And Livestock Australia.
Summer Lamb Recipes
Lamb Loin And Rosemary Rack Recipes With
Some Summery Sides
Cookout season is underway! But forget about the usual hot dogs and burgers: Instead, throw some lamb on the barbie, as the Australians would say. Our deliciously easy summer lamb recipes feature fresh, seasonal ingredients, and are perfect for outdoor cooking. Take advantage of the warm season by inviting friends over for a backyard lamb-becue. After all, these summer days will be gone before we know it.
These recipes were developed by Sally James, a leading Australian chef, food book author and television personality, for Meat And Livestock Australia, which represents producers of Australian lamb.
This is Part I in a series of two summer lamb recipes. Use the index below to click back and forth between them.
Grilled Lamb Loin Chops With Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
This recipe uses loin chops, which come from the ribs of the animal, between the forequarter and hindquarter. It’s perfect forbroiling, panbroiling, panfrying and, of course, barbecueing. With a prep and cook time of under 30 minutes, this recipe won’t make you a slave to the grill, so you can spend more time with your guests.
- 8 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 radishes, very finely sliced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- To make the dressing, grill 3-4 tomatoes until just soft, and place in a blender with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar and mustard. Pulse to combine. Set aside.
- For the salad, combine tomatoes, cheese, radishes and basil in a large bowl. Toss with the remaining oil and vinegar. Season to taste and set aside.
- To make the lamb, brush the chops generously with oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat on a barbecue or grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare, or until cooked as desired.
- Serve chops with the salad and drizzle with tomato-mustard dressing. Serves 4.
Next Recipe: Rosemary Rack Of Lamb With Berry Jam
Recipe© copyright Meat And Livestock Australia. Additional material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Photos are copyright of their respective owners.