A festive-colored dish for a holiday lunch.
Recipe: Layered Rice Pesto & Pepper Bake
A Festive Lunch Dish Or First Course
This creative lasagne-style rice dish may be assembled ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. Uncover to bake.
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1¾ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 10 ounces roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped, divided
- Optional garnish:
Red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes lightly dressed in vinaigrette
Parsley or baby arugula
- Combine rice, 1½ cups Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spray a 7-inch diameter soufflé dish or springform pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Place ½ of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well. Spread half of the pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with half of goat cheese. Layer half of red peppers over goat cheese.
- Repeat above layers. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven at 400°F. Cut into wedges to serve.
Recipe and photo © USA Rice Federation. Other information © Copyright 2005-
2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.