Make spiced pecans for snacks, salads and gifts. Photo courtesy Spice Islands.
Last Updated November 2014
Recipe: Spiced Pecans
Sweet Spiced Pecans Are A Treat
It’s easy to make spiced nuts to enjoy:
- With cocktails
- As snacks
- As garnish for cakes, cupcakes, puddings, ice cream and other treats
- In salads with goat cheese and blue cheese
- As sides with coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- As gifts, in a small tin, plastic container or cellophane bag tied with ribbon
It is best to make these in small batches to ensure that the nuts are thoroughly coated.
The nuts can be made up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is courtesy Spice Islands.
Varying The Spices For A Sweet-And-Spicy Flavor
Instead of a pepper-allspice blend, you can use cayenne and other favorites. There is no right or wrong combination: just what you like. For an herbal edge, we often add rosemary or sage.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, salt, black pepper, allspice and white pepper. Add pecans; stir gently to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans for 5 minutes; stir. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes more, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer pecans to a sheet of wax paper. Separate nuts with a fork. Cool.
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
Basic recipe © Copyright Spice Islands. © Copyright 2005-
2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.