A delicious, lower-glycemic way to satiate your sweet tooth this summer. Photo by Viktorija | Fotolia.
Recipe: Vanilla Yogurt Sorbet
A Light & Refreshing Way To Enjoy “Frozen Yogurt”
Sorbet is a healthier dessert than ice cream. It has no milk or cream (cholesterol) and is much lower in calories.
It’s the same with frozen yogurt: If you purchase anything other than nonfat frozen yogurt, you get the milk calories and cholesterol.
This recipe is from Chobani Greek Yogurt. Cool, sweet and with a hint of refreshing tartness, this yogurt sorbet is inexpensive and easy to make. Greek yogurt is high in protein and rich in calcium. Serve it plain or garnished with a mint leaf as a palate cleanser between courses. For dessert or a snack, top with fruit, nuts or shaved chocolate.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounces Chobani Greek Yogurt (one large container)
Note: If you can’t find Chobani, use another Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- Heat sugar and water in saucepan until sugar dissolves into sugar syrup. Chill.
- Mix cold sugar syrup with yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Freeze in ice cream maker, following manufacturer’s directions.
Recipe courtesy Chobani Greek style yogurt. Other material