Scallops on a lovely salad serve as the centerpiece of this pomegranate-filled meal. All photos and recipes courtesy POM Wonderful.
Pomegranate Dinner Party
Page 5: Seared Scallop Salad With Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
This is Page 5 of a 6-page article. Click the black links below to navigate between the pages.
On the menu:
Seared Scallop Salad With Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
We also recommend mandarin oranges—they pair nicely with pomegranate arils.
Yields 4 servings.
- 1-1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 6 to 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
Yields 1-1/2 cups of dressing.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice or juice from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients with a whisk or in a blender.
- For scallops, first extract arils from pomegranate.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and 1 teaspoon ginger; toss with scallops.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil in a large skillet. Place the scallops in the skillet in a single layer. Cook without turning until the underside is crispy brown and then turn. Sear in batches if necessary.
- Cover scallops, set aside and keep warm while preparing the salad.
- Arrange greens on 4 dinner plates. Top with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Divide the scallops onto each plate; garnish with arils. Serve with dressing.
Continue to Page 6: Citrus Pomegranate Tart With Crimson Pom Jelly
Return To The Index At The Top Of The Page
© Copyright 2005-2014 Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.