The strawberry salsa at bottom is a light, refreshing starter. If you can still find sweet peaches, you can make a peach salsa (top) as well.
Recipes: End-Of-Summer Dinner
Page 1: Strawberry Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips Recipe
Summer is quickly drawing to a close, but you can still enjoy one last hurrah before fall arrives. The recipes in this seven-course dinner, developed by spice leader McCormick, take advantage of seasonal ingredients and lend themselves well to outdoor cooking and eating (and indoor dining, of course). In addition, they utilize ample amounts of the Seven Super Spices, which provide you with loads of antioxidants.
This is a hearty feast. There are two main dishes. If you’re having a large crowd, you can make both. The pasta salad can be a main dish for vegetarians and vegans, or a third side. The squash, green beans and potato salad are also vegan, made with olive oil instead of butter.
This is Page 1 of an eight-page article. Use the index below to navigate through all the recipes.
Strawberry Salsa Recipe With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
This fresh fruit salsa is perfect for summertime entertaining when lighter fare is called
for. Super Spice cinnamon flavors both the salsa and the quick-baked tortilla chips. If you don’t have time to make the chips, you can serve the salsa with Mexican-style, unsalted chips.
Cool Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled, seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- For the salsa, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- For the chips, mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Spray tortillas lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle
wedges with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with strawberry cucumber salsa.
Go To Page 2: Penne Pasta Salad With Spinach & Tomatoes
Go To The Index At The Top Of The Page
Recipes © 2008 McCormick. All rights reserved. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.