This Steak Lover’s Pizza will be a hearty hit. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Recipes: Grilled Pizzas
Page 3: Steak Lover’s Pizza
This is Page 3 of a four-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Steak Lover’s Pizza: Classier Than Pepperoni
Sometimes you don’t want a whole steak on the grill, but a grilled steak pizza sure hits the spot. This grilled pizza has a topping of bite-size grilled steak, peppers and onions and will please the meat lovers in the crowd. If you can’t find the McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning, substitute your favorite steak seasoning. Yields 8 servings.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 4 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed; or 1 prepared
thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with 3 teaspoons of the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Brush vegetables with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Grill steak over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Grill vegetables 6 to 8 minutes or until tender-crisp. Cut steak and vegetables into bite-size pieces. Mix the cheese and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning in small bowl.
- Stretch or roll pizza dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Layer crust with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled steak and vegetables. Top with remaining cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.
Go To Page 4: Zesty Veggie Pizza
Go To Recipe Index Above
Recipe courtesy McCormick. All rights reserved. Other material