A soup for all seasons: fresh cauliflower with Cheddar and lots of dill.
Recipe: Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Delicious With Fresh Dill
Green and white for St. Patrick’s Day, springtime or anytime, this tasty recipe is made with reduced-fat Cheddar and serves 8.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth (reduced-sodium if desired)
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 4 ounces grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar, or more to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine onion and oil; cook, stirring, until onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer. Add broth and milk to pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer, cover pan and cook for 30 minutes until cauliflower is very tender.
- In blender, purée soup in batches. Return to pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in cheese and continue stirring just until melted. Whisk in dill and serve.
Calories From Fat 63
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Recipe and photo © 2007 Cabot Creamery. All rights reserved. Other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.