The recipe is below.
Gourmet Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Part VI: Shrimp Embrochette
Shrimp Embrochette Casserole Recipe
Ann Jones was the 2007 Denver Area Regional Winner,and Second Runner up in the Grand Finale of the Tillamook Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Contest. A typical shrimp embrochette recipes stuffs a butterflied shrimp with different Cheddars, jalapeño and breadcrumbs and wraps the shrimp in bacon. Here, Ann transports the concept to macaroni and cheese.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound box shell pasta
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Vintage White Medium Cheddar cheese (or equivalent), shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled, pre-cooked bacon
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem and seed removed and finely chopped
- 8 ounces jumbo shrimp, cooked, shelled, deveined and chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ciabatta roll, chopped into large cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat; add 1 teaspoon salt and the dry pasta. Return to a boil and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain in a colander, return pasta to the pot and stir in 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Toss in the Vintage White Medium Cheddar, Colby Jack, and Sharp Cheddar cheeses, and set aside.
- To make a sauce, add 4 tablespoons butter and garlic to a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter is melted and garlic is softened. Add flour and stir continuously, using a whisk, to combine. Continue to cook over a medium heat and gradually whisk in the milk and cream. Stir continuously to prevent scorching; cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until starting to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper and Gruyère cheese.
- Pour sauce over the pasta, add the bacon, jalapeño and shrimp and stir until well combined. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and pour the pasta mixture into the dish.
- In a food processor, pulse ciabatta cubes several seconds until large bread crumbs form. Toss together with Parmesan cheese, and top pasta with breadcrumb mixture. Bake in pre-heated oven until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Serves 8.
WHEN YOU THINK “MAC & CHEESE,” THINK BEYOND ELBOW MACARONI.
In fact, most award-winning recipes use other shapes.
See the different pasta shapes in our
Recipe copyright Tillamook. Other material