Like coffee ice cream? Try this Speedy Stout Mocha Freeze. Photo by Benjamin Anderson | IST.
LUCY SAUNDERS created the website Beercook.com to introduce cooks to the many nuances of cooking with beer. She is finalizing a book on barbecuing with beer, which will be reviewed in our Best Reads section. Click here to email Lucy.
Updated September 2009
Beer Ice Cream Recipes
Page 3: Stout & Apricot Ale Ice Cream
This is Page 3 of a three-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Apricot Ale Frozen Custard
- 12 ounces Pyramid Apricot Ale
- 8 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Pour ale and preserves into a heavy saucepan and simmer to reduce to 1-1/2 cups, remove from heat.
Mix the egg and sugar in a bowl. Mix in milk, then mix in the warm apricot ale concentrate.
Mix in the cream. Chill the ale-cream blend in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Makes about 2 quarts.
Speedy Stout Mocha Freeze
- Soften ice cream in microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Place in bowl of a large stand mixer. Mix in stout and grated chocolate.
- Mixture will be soft. Pour into one-cup ramekins and freeze until firm—
about 4 hours.
- Serve with a glass of stout.
Go To The Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005 Lucy Saunders. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.