For even more fruit flavor and festive color, make your Orange Spaghetti with this Tangerine Linguine from AlphonsoGourmetPasta.com.
Updated February 2009
Page 6: Fettuccine With Chocolate Sauce & Orange Spaghetti
This is Page 6 of a 9-part article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu
Fettuccine With Chocolate Sauce
This recipe is from the Pasta & Noodles cookbook. It incorporates not chocolate syrup, but a light sauce made of cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and milk. A real comfort food.
- 8 ounces regular or chocolate fettuccine
- 2 cups skim milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook and drain pasta.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch, mixing until smooth. Add cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and remaining milk.
- Heat just until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cook one minute until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce over pasta and combine.
- Top each serving with your choice of crème fraîche, sour cream or vanilla yogurt.
This Spaghetti has a sauce made of orange marmalade, orange juice and Port. It was submitted by a reader who got it from a foodie discussion group, from a participant named Lisa Hutt. Thanks Lisa!
- One 8-ounce package uncooked spaghetti, linguine or angel hair pasta
- 5 ounces orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 blood oranges, supremed if you can, sectioned if you can’t (or substitute regular oranges)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Dried cherries
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add orange marmalade, orange juice and Port; simmer until mixture is reduced to half.
- Toss in the cooked pasta; heat again until the pasta picks up the flavor of the orange mixture.
- Add the blood oranges and heat thoroughly.
- Plate the pasta and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and dried cherries. Serve with a glass of Port.
Continue To Page 7: Filled Pastas
Go To Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.