Serve this colorful beet dish as a tantalizing appetizer. All photos and recipes courtesy POM Wonderful.
Pomegranate Dinner Party
Page 3: Beets & Oranges With Warm Pomegranate Port Sauce
This is Page 3 of a 6-page article. Click the black links below to navigate between the pages.
On the menu:
Beets & Oranges With Warm Pom Port Sauce
To prepare pomegranate juice, cut the pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer.
Yields 4 servings.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or juice from 2-3 pomegranates
- 1 pound fresh beets, washed, trimmed and left whole (or quartered if
- 1/2 cup port
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup arils
- Extract arils from pomegranate.
- Place beets in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cover the pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and drain the water. Cook ahead of time and cool covered in a bowl or pan until ready to prepare dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine port, balsamic vinegar, sugar and oregano in a saucepan and cook over medium heat; reduce by half.
- Peel cooled beets and place in a casserole dish with oranges and arils; cover with sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot.
Continue to Page 4: Pomegranate Quinoa Tabouli
Return To The Index At The Top Of The Page
© Copyright 2005-2015 Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.