Exciting flavors combine in Thai Beef Salad. Photo courtesy Dakota Beef Company.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Meat & Poultry
Recipe: Thai Beef Salad
Ancient Flavors With An Exciting, Modern Taste
The delicious flavors in this healthy salad are a treat for everyone who doesn’t live near a good Thai restaurant. You can vary the recipe with chicken and chopped mango. Serves six as a side salad or three large luncheon portions.
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles (or angel hair pasta)
- 1 pound Dakota Beef Certified Organic flank steak or skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/3 cup soy-ginger sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Boil noodles according to package directions until al dente, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain, rinse thoroughly with cold water, and set aside.
- Brush steak with oil, salt and pepper. Grill, broil or pan fry steak to desired doneness (best medium or medium rare). Slice thinly across the grain.
- In a large bowl, whisk lime juice and soy ginger sauce. Add noodles, beef, peppers, bean sprouts, pineapple, mint and 1/4 cup peanuts. Toss to coat. Serve immediately, topped with remaining peanuts.
Store fresh mint roots in a glass of water in the refrigerator—they’ll keep longer. Cover the top with a plastic bag as well.
Photograph by Ben Fink from the book Indian Home Cooking, by Suvir Suran and Stephanie Lyness.
Recipe and photo © Dakota Beef Company. All rights reserved. All other material © copyright 2005-
2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.