Pan-fried loin lamb chops with a tomato, mozzarella and radish salad. Photo courtesy of Meat And Livestock Australia.
Summer Lamb Chop Recipe
Page 1: Pan-Fried Lamb Loin Chops With
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
Every nose in the neighborhood knows it’s cookout season. So start the barbie, as the Australians say—or just put a pan on the stove—and choose a delicious summer lamb recipe.
This is page 1 of a two-page article. Use the index below to click to the other recipe.
Pan-Fried Lamb Loin Chops With Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
In A Mustard Vinaigrette
This recipe uses lamb loin chops. You can prep and cook under 10 minutes. Serve the chops with the tomato and mozzarella salad and tomato-mustard dressing. Serves 4.
- 8 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
(Mix red and yellow or orange tomatoes for more visual excitement. If you prefer, you can substitute local juicy, summer beefsteak tomatoes, sliced, and sliced mozzarella.)
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
(Try the buffalo milk mozzarella for a real treat, or smoked mozzarella.)
- 4 radishes, very finely sliced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
To make the dressing, grill 3-4 of the tomatoes until just soft. Place in a blender with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar and mustard. Pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Now, start the salad. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the tomatoes, cheese, radishes and basil. Toss with the remaining oil and vinegar. Season to taste and set aside.
- Brush chops generously with oil and season with salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste. Cook over medium to high heat on a barbecue or grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare, or as desired.
Recipe 2: Rosemary Rack of Australian Lamb with Berry Jam
Recipes © copyright Meat And Livestock Australia. Additional material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Photos are copyright of their respective owners.