Blue cheese and marinated chicken with celery and hot sauce on this Buffalo Chicken Pizza give wing fans a new reason to love pizza. Or is that a new way to love wings?
Gourmet Pizza Recipes
Page 2: Try A Chicken Pizza Recipe
This is Page 2 of a seven-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Before you start making pizza, here are some home-cooking tips from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board:
- Preheat the oven. It needs to be hot enough to bake the crust in quickly
so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
- If you’re using traditional mozzarella cheese, use the whole-milk variety
for superior melt and rich flavor.
- Cheeses with “stretch”—Provolone or mozzarella, for example—enhance
other cheeses with different flavor profiles, such as Parmesan, blue and feta.
- Brush olive oil on the edge of the crust before topping with sauce. This step
adds a bit of flavor to the crust and helps in achieving a golden color.
See our Cheese Section to learn more about your favorite cheeses.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 14 to 15 ounces prepared pizza
dough or one 14-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) Provolone,
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Havarti, cubed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed and
tossed in 2 tablespoons spicy
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
Barbecue Chicken Pizza.
- 2 tablespoons pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) smoked Gouda, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If using dough, roll or stretch dough into a circle about 16 inches in diameter. Place dough or prepared crust on a pizza pan.
- Spread barbecue sauce to within 1/3 inch of edge of pizza.
- Evenly distribute the following toppings in this order: Provolone, Havarti, chicken, red onion, Kalamata olives, garlic and smoked Gouda.
- Bake pizza for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown.
- Before serving, brush top of pizza with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle on kosher salt and place cilantro leaves evenly around the top.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 6 ounces chicken breast, cooked,
sliced into strips
- 3 ounces red pepper sauce (for
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) dairy sour cream
- 1 pre-baked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Monterey Jack
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) blue cheese,
- 1 scallion (1 ounce), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with red pepper sauce; cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Spread sour cream evenly over pizza crust. Sprinkle Monterey Jack over sour cream.
- Arrange marinated chicken strips on top of cheese and then bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. After baking, sprinkle blue cheese, scallions and celery on top.
Continue To Page 3: Fruit Pizza Recipes
Return To The Article Index Above
Recipes and photos courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Other material © Copyright 2005-
2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.