Pizza makes a sophisticated dessert when covered in pears, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. Photos courtesy WMMB.
Gourmet Pizza Recipe
Page 4: Go For A Gorgonzola Pizza Recipe
This is Page 4 of a seven-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Gorgonzola & Caramelized Onion Pizza Recipe
This elegant combination makes a charming lunch with an endive salad. Gorgonzola is made in two varieties: a creamy and softer Gorgonzola Dolce, and a tangier, harder, stronger, more blue-veined Gorgonzola that is aged for a longer period (shown in the photo below). Serves 4.
- 1-1/2 cups onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) mascarpone
- 1 pre-baked 12-inch pizza crust
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Italian-style
gorgonzola cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Gorgonzola and caramelized onions are a memorable combination.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, brown onions until caramelized; set aside to cool.
- Spread mascarpone evenly over pizza crust. Place cooled caramelized onions on cheese. Sprinkle Gorgonzola and pecans over top.
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is hot.
Pear, Walnut & Gorgonzola Pizza Recipe
This recipe is made on a tortilla instead of a pizza crust. It’s light, crisp, and works as an appetizer or “cheese course.” You can substitute plums for pears. Serves 4.
- 4 fresh 8-inch flour wheat
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 fresh pears, thinly sliced*
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
*Plums may be substituted for pears.
- Brush wheat tortillas on both sides with melted butter, using about 1 teaspoon butter on each. Brown tortillas on both sides using a hot griddle or skillet.
- Arrange pear slices on top of each tortilla to cover the surface (about 1/2 pear per pizza). Sprinkle with the walnuts. Sprinkle 1 ounce crumbled Gorgonzola cheese on each pizza.
- Broil 30 seconds to 1 minute until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and serve.
Continue To Page 5: Meat Pizza Recipes
Go To Article Index Above
Recipes and photos courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.