While the coals are hot, grill a wonderful pizza.
Recipe: Bacon, Apple & Cheddar Grilled Pizza
A Gourmet Pizza Over The Coals
Getting the fire ready for burgers or chicken? You can surprise everyone with this delicious “starter”: a grilled pizza. While any ingredients can be grilled, this sweet-and-salty combination of apples, bacon and cheese is always a winner.
- Olive oil for brushing
- 8 ounces Cabot Cheddar, such as Hunter’s or Smoked Cheddar, grated
(we liked this recipe with the Chipotle and Habañero Cheddars)
- 1 package personal-sized pre-cooked pizza crusts (2 crusts total)
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced (a hard, tart apple like Granny Smith is best)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat the grill to high (10 to 15 minutes, lid closed). When the grill is hot, set the topping ingredients next to the grill.
- Brush the top of the pizza crusts lightly with olive oil. Place them oil-side-down on grill, and cook until the crusts begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Brush the second side of the crusts lightly with oil, and flip.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the crusts. Top with the apple slices and crumbled bacon. Close the grill lid and cook until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill to a cutting board and let rest for about 3 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Pizza)
Calories From Fat: 494
Total Fat: 56g
Saturated Fat: 32g
Total Carbohydrates: 41g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cabot Cheese. Other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.