Christopher Norman’s Tea Collection, beautifully hand-painted chocolates.
Updated September 2009
The Chocolate Show
New York City — October 30 ~ November 1, 2009
Three days of chocolate tasting, lectures & presentations
Are you passionate about chocolate? Or do you think it’s great fun?
If you can answer “yes” to either question, make sure you schedule at least one day at the The 12th Annual Chocolate Show. Or, spend all three strolling through more than 40,000 square feet devoted to chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, at Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues), in New York City.
The doors are open:
Friday, October 30: Noon to 8pm
Saturday, October 31: 10am to 8pm
Sunday, November 1: 10am to 5pm
Visitors to the show will have the opportunity to sample prestige American and International chocolates and attend more than 50 demonstrations given by top pastry chefs and chocolatiers. Chefs and authors will be on hand to sign their cookbooks (every year, it seems as if every book every written about chocolate is for sale at the show).
Among the companies showing their wares, those reviewed by THE NIBBLE include Chocolate Santander, Chuao Chocolatier, Guittard Chocolate Company, Jer’s Handmade Chocolates (plus others, we’re sure). So, we can guarantee that there will be a lot of GREAT chocolate to be had.
- We can’t wait to meet California Chocolatier Christopher Michael and try his Sizzling Bacon Bar—milk chocolate with bacon, sea salt and popping candy!
- And don’t miss the peanut butter cups from Peanut Butter & Co.!
- Meet the authors: Ten of your favorites including Jacques Torres, Michael Recchiuti and François Payard.
This year’s new features include:
- The Chocolate Beauty Pavilion, a showcase of chocolate within the beauty industry and its wide variety of uses.
- KidZone, an area devoted to young chocolate lovers and their parents, with fun, creative and educational activities related to chocolate.
The Chocolate Show is part of a worldwide festival for the public produced by Event International, and event producers Sylvie Douce and François Jeantet. You can “follow the chocolate” all around the world. Other shows include:
Visit ChocolateShow.com for additional information.
For more information about chocolate—the finest artisanal chocolatiers, the best chocolate bars, and articles galore, and visit our Chocolate Section.
THE CHOCOLATE SHOW
October 30 ~ November 1, 2009
The cost for immersing yourself in all this chocolate:
- $28.00 Per Adult
- Held at Metropolitan Pavilion
125 West 18th Street
New York City
For more information and to purchase tickets: ChocolateShow.com
Chocolates from Recchiuti Confections.
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.