Sugar cookies go sophisticated with the addition of lemon and orange peel and fig preserves. Photo courtesy Betty Crocker.
Cookie Mix Recipes
Page 2: Citrus-Kissed Fig Thumbprints
This is Page 2 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to view the other recipes.
Citrus-Kissed Fig Thumbprints
Sugar cookies go sophisticated with the addition of lemon and orange peel and fig preserves. For that extra touch of sparkle, sprinkle the center with coarse sugar—try the flavored ones from Essential Cane, a Nibble Top Pick of the Week.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, melted butter, lemon peel, orange peel, vanilla and
egg until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Using thumb or handle of
wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about ¼ teaspoon preserves into each
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to
wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool completely. Store tightly
covered at room temperature.
Continue To The Next Recipe: Cran-Pistachio Cookies
Return To Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Betty Crocker. All other material
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.