Fluffy and moist red velvet cookies straddle the line between cookie and cupcake. Photo courtesy Betty Crocker.
Cookie Mix Recipes
Page 7: Red Velvet Rich &
This is Page 7 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to view the other recipes.
Red Velvet Rich &
A touch of cocoa gives these cookies a kiss of chocolate flavor, and sour cream makes them as moist as their namesake cupcake.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 cup cream cheese frosting*
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
*Can be store-bought or homemade, but if you use homemade, the frosted cookies must be stored in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg until soft
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely,
about 15 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Continue To The Next Recipe: Rosemary-Lemon Cream
Return To Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Betty Crocker. All other material
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.