Blue cheese ice cream. Photo and recipe courtesy Yummly.
Last Updated August 2013
Blue Cheese Ice Cream Recipes
Page 3: Sweet & Savory Cheese Ice Cream Recipes
This is Page 3 of a five-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Point Reyes Farmstead’s Quick Blue Cheese Ice Cream & Toppings
Using one of our favorite blue cheeses, Point Reyes Original Blue (a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week), you can create a quick and delicious blue cheese ice cream.
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) Original Blue or other creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- Optional mix-in: diced figs
- Optional topping: balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, glazed strawberries
or spiced poached pears
- Blend the cream and cheese crumbles in a food processor, or whisk until almost smooth.
- Fold the cream mixture into the softened ice cream until well incorporated.
- Return ice cream to freezer until firm.
- To serve, place 3-4 melon ball scoops on a dessert plate with choice of topping.
Stilton Ice Cream
This is one of our favorite guest desserts, served with pears poached in Port and Bordeaux; but any stewed or poached fruit will work.
- 4 ounces Stilton (for a stronger cheese taste, use Roquefort)
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a small food processor, blend together the Stilton and corn syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a boil. Slowly whisk some of the hot cream into the egg yolks to temper. Then pour the egg yolks into the cream mixture and continue to cook over a medium heat until the mixture has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon (like a custard). Remove from heat.
- Whisk the cheese mixture into the hot custard until smooth; then strain through fine sieve into a bowl. Chill until very cold and process in an ice cream maker.
You can easily poach any dried or fresh fruits with half and half ruby port and Bordeaux to cover, sugar to taste, and any assortment of cinnamon stick, cloves, orange peel. Simmer until the fruit is slightly soft. It tastes best when made a two days in advance and the fruit has time to marinate in the wine mixture.
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Ice Cream
Buttermilk Blue is an outstanding mild, creamy blue cheese made by Wisconsin’s Roth Käse. If you can’t find Buttermilk Blue, you can substitute other mild blue cheese. See this blue cheese ice cream recipe in our collection of cheese recipes.
Continue To Page 4: Cream Cheese & Mascarpone Ice Cream Recipes
Go To Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Recipes are the copyright of their respective owners. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.