This recipe consists of crab in cream sauce, delicately flavored with tarragon and a touch of Cognac. Photo courtesy Miller’s Select Crabmeat.
Updated June 2010
Crabe En Coquille
Plus 9 Other Crab Recipes
Enjoy these crab recipes courtesy of Miller’s Select Premium Crab. Read our review of Miller’s Select. This is Page 6 of a 10-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other recipes.
Crabe En Coquille
Made with scallops instead of crab, this dish is known as Coquilles Saint-Jacques.
- 3 cans Miller’s Select Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4-6 scallop shells or heatproof ramekins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt half the butter and add flour, stirring with a wire whisk. Add milk and stir vigorously. When sauce has thickened, add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan and cook shallots briefly. Stir Cognac and tarragon into the shallots, then add crab and heat briefly without breaking lumps.
- Add half the sauce to the crab and fill shells evenly with crab mixture. Grate cheese on top of crab mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Heat remaining sauce and spoon over the individual shells; garnish with whole tarragon sprigs.
- Serve with Chardonnay or white Burgundy.
Continue To Page 7: Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip
Return To The Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Miller’s Select Crabmeat. All other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.