Caesar Salad Pizza: two favorites, chicken Caesar salad and pizza, combined into a single yummy dish. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Recipes: Grilled Pizzas
Page 2: Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza
This is Page 2 of a four-page article. Click on the black links below to visit the other pages.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza: Hail Caesar
Eat your salad and your pizza simultaneously! Topped with Caesar salad, this grilled chicken pizza is a fun take on a classic main course salad. If you can’t find the McCormick seasoning, devise your own garlic seasoning. Yields 6 servings.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, divided
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed; or 1 prepared thin
pizza crust (12-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 3 teaspoons of the Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Grill over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Cut into thin strips.
- Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Brush crust with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet.
- Toss lettuce, salad dressing and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Top crust with salad mixture and grilled chicken. Slice and serve immediately.
Go To Page 3: Steak Lover’s Pizza
Go To Recipe Index Above
Recipe courtesy McCormick. All rights reserved. Other material