Zesty Veggie Pizza is sure to please, especially among vegetarians. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Recipes: Grilled Pizzas
Page 4: Zesty Veggie Pizza
This is Page 4 of a four-page article. Click on the black links below to view the other pages.
Zesty Veggie Pizza
Take advantage of seasonal produce with this grilled vegetable pizza that combines a variety of colorful bell peppers, zucchini, and fresh ricotta and mozzarella. Yields 8 servings.
- 1 package McCormick Grill Mates Zesty Herb Marinade
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed; or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese, divided
- Prepare Marinade Mix as directed on package. Mix ricotta cheese and 1 tablespoon of the marinade in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. Place vegetables in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; toss to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill vegetables over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes per side or until tender-crisp, brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Layer crust with ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and grilled vegetables. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.
Go To Recipe Index Above
Recipe courtesy McCormick. All rights reserved. Other material