Flavors Of Happy Goat Caramel
If you’ve never had a melt-in-your-mouth artisan caramel, you’re in for a treat. Made with goat’s milk and butter, sugar and vanilla or other seasonings in a small-batches copper kettle, you can see how caramels have been growing as the latest favorite confection.
Within a month, new flavors will join Vanilla Bean, including Chocolate With Sea Salt, Coconut Lime, Honey and Winter Spice. All are delicious.
Caramel Sauce Recipe
If you want a sauce for ice cream, cake or pie, or to dip apple slices, the prep work is simple: Use the microwave! Combine 1/4 teaspoon of water per caramel, heat for 10 seconds, stir and heat for another 10 seconds.
Depending on how much sauce you are making, you may need to add another 10 seconds to melt the caramels.
This recipe works with both goat’s milk or cow’s milk caramels.
A little nibble won’t hurt you. Or, turn the caramels into caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple Recipe
Choose firm-flesh apples (not Delicious or Braeburn). Tart apples provide a more sophisticated flavor. Granny Smith, Jonagold and Pippin varieties are generally available.
Smaller apples are also a better choice than larger ones. They’re easier to eat and provide a better caramel-to-apple ratio.
- 6 apples
- 1 pound caramel (goat’s milk or cow’s milk)
- 2 tablespoons goat’s or cow’s milk
- Pinch cinnamon
- 6 wooden skewers or popsicle sticks
- Optional garnishes: chocolate chips, dried cherries or cranberries, granola, mini marshmallows, sea salt, shredded coconut, sprinkles, toffee bits, trail mix, whole small nuts (like pistachios) or chopped nuts and seasonal candies (like candy corn)
- Wash and dry apples, removing the stems. Unlike farmers market apples, supermarket apples are usually coated with wax, making it difficult for the caramel to adhere. If your apples are waxed, quickly dip them in boiling water and wipe away the wax coating.
- Place apples in the fridge while you prepare the caramel.
- Cover a tray with a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt caramel over low heat in a double boiler, stirring in milk until desired consistency is reached. Add cinnamon to taste.
- Insert skewers into apples; roll in caramel until fully coated. Roll in garnish if desired. Place on wax paper until caramel is set. Peel off paper and serve.
Happy Goat Caramels
Goat’s Milk Caramels In Vanilla Bean, Chocolate With Sea Salt, Coconut Lime, Honey and Winter Spice
- Small Box
(Two Ounces ~ 7 Pieces)
- Large Box
(Two Ounces ~ 14 Pieces)
Purchase online* at HappyGoatCaramel.com
Return To The Article Index Above
What makes you happy? Happy goat caramels, of course!
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy
© Copyright 2004-2017 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this e-zine may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.