French toast is a terrific way to use panettone. Photo courtesy Bauducco Panettone.
Last Updated November 2014
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Bread Products
Panettone French Toast
Recipe courtesy Bauducco Panettone. Click on the black links below to view the other pages. Learn more about panettone.
Panettone French Toast Recipe
Per serving (mascarpone topping for two servings):
- 2 slices panettone, ¾ inches thick
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup mascarpone or cream cheese
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese, or cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- 2/3 teaspoon powdered sugar
Turn a box of panettone into delicious French toast.
- Other toppings: butter, maple syrup, orange marmalade, powdered sugar
- Beat eggs, sour cream and milk; transfer to a shallow, flat-bottomed dish.
- Place panettone slice in the dish for a minute, then turn over so that both sides are soaked completely.
- Warm skillet over medium heat. Add butter to grease the skillet.
- Gently remove soaked panettone slice from dish and place into heated skillet. Cook for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side for soft center, 3 minutes per side for firm center.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- For mascarpone topping: Whip mascarpone with a few drops of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar. Keep the sweetener to a minimum as the bread is sweet enough.
Continue To Next Recipe
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy Bauducco Panettone. All other materials © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.